ZenseMe v1.1.5 - Last.FM Authentication Failure

Discuss ZuseMe and ZenseMe in here.
Zeek

ZenseMe v1.1.5 - Last.FM Authentication Failure

Post by Zeek » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:35 am

Myself and someone else have tried the latest version of ZenseMe (1.1.5), and there appears to be an issue when it tries to scrobble to Last.FM. I didn't know the application got updated until the other day, so this was new for me.

Basically, it happens when the songs are already picked up from the Zune, and you hit the button that will trigger ZenseMe to start scrobbling to Last.FM.

I verified, and my login information is the same between both 1.1.2 and 1.1.5, so I'm not sure what's happening between the two versions that's different. Based on your change notes, I'm guessing it had something to do with the Last.FM scrobbing improvements?

Arnold Vink
Site Admin

Re: ZenseMe v1.1.5 - Last.FM Authentication Failure

Post by Arnold Vink » Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:00 am

I'll check it out soon, maybe Last.fm changed something again that prevents you from scrobbling your songs.

Arnold Vink
Site Admin

Post by Arnold Vink » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:58 pm

And I have just released an update v1.1.6 that should fix the authenticate error, you can now download it from the downloads page.
Last.fm stopped using HTTPS (a more secure connection) to their server and thats the reason why v1.1.5 stopped working.

Enjoy scrobbling and greets,
Arnold

Zeek

Post by Zeek » Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:20 am

I just gave it a try, and it works perfect on my end. Thanks for keeping ZenseMe up to date! :D